Contractors All Risks

Contractors All Risks FAQs

Do I need to cover temporary site structures?

Temporary site buildings are included in some policies automatically and in others must be declared when buying the policy. Your broker will advise you as to whether they are covered under the general definition of the contract works within the policy if not they can be easily added.

How much cover do I need?

If it’s an annual policy for your business, you will want to cover all your work therefore you provide us with your turnover and the value of your biggest contract in the year, regardless of how long it will take you to complete. Then your entire work list and the value of those contracts will be covered. If it’s a single policy for one project, you provide the cost of the project and that is the sum you are insured for.

Can I cover machinery?

Yes absolutely the policy can list out particular items of plant or a combined amount for plant which is categorised as "Own Plant" or "Hired in Plant".

Does the policy cover the pre-existing structure?

This policy is designed to cover ‘work in progress’ so cover for the existing property is excluded (e.g. the existing structure when building an extension) and must continue to be insured under its own insurance policy.

Want to know more?
Talk to an expert

Contact Us